- Peel and slice the echalion into thin rings. Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and gently fry the echalion rings until golden brown. Strain through a sieve.
- Meanwhile, mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Shred the cabbages and grate the carrot – either by hand or using a food processor.
- Mix all of the slaw ingredients in a large bowl – reserving a little of the coriander, peanuts and sesame seeds for garnish.
- Pour the dressing into the slaw and massage in. Top with the remaining coriander, peanuts, sesame seeds and the crispy shallots.